Exhaustion


I’ve been here…47 days now. 9 more to go.

I slept for 10 hours last night and when I woke up I didn’t feel any more rested.  I haven’t had a real conversation with anyone from back home or back in Kyiv for over 3 days. It’s cold and wet outside.

What do you want me to say? Do you want me to say that I’m having an amazing experience and I’m really discovering myself out here? Well, I am…nothing has changed there….but I feel burned out, I feel like I’m finished.

I almost feel like I’m ready to go home. I’m only here 8 weeks and I have over a week left. That’s a large chunk, enough for a lot more thinking and more new experiences.
…but I’m almost looking beyond it at this point.

I want sushi, not the kind in Ukraine, but the type from in Saskatoon. I want scrambled eggs and chocolate milk. I want to go to the theatre. I want to play football again.

I’ve done so much and slept so little since I got here that I’ve been plenty tired the last 6-7 weeks, but for the first time I feel truly exhausted.

9 more days…

1 comments:

Simon S said...

I know the feeling.

Can't wait for you to get back because its just about time for an epic CAMPING trip!!

Enjoy your last week in Ukraine and experiences as much as you can, I guarantee you will miss it when you get back home.

Post a Comment