En Route to Kyiv

Leaving Saskatoon: 

My first international flight also got me my first random security check. Since there were only about 4 young males on the flight and 2 were picked for both of the random security checks, I can assume this will not be the last time that I get picked for a random inspection.
Upon boarding the plane, I discovered why these tickets were the cheapest available. I got to my seat, looked forward, and no TV screen. While I was disappointed with this (always look forward to watching movies) it didn’t ruin my flight. In fact, I found myself randomly smiling throughout the flight. I’m going to Ukraine for 2 months! People have been asking me through this last week if I’m exciting. My response was always a casual: “Of course I’m exciting’”…but now it’s actually happening and that excitement has certainly stepped up a notch. The 2 hour flight to Minneapolis was also filled with turbulence for almost the entire trip. Oddly enough, this didn’t bother me. It actually relaxed me. The bumps felt like driving down a Saskatchewan highway, it felt like a road trip.
As I type this, I’m sitting in the Minneapolis airport with no access to WiFi and 3.5 hours til my flight. Time to go walk around and people watch I suppose. 

Part Two: Amsterdam
8 hours wasn't so bad of a flight. Twice as long as I've ever taken before, but the only bad things were the crying baby, bickering family next to me, and the large African woman next to me who had no sense of personal space. At least I had movies, and got to finish watching Harry Potter.

I've run into a bit of a problem though. Delta only put my bags through to Amsterdam and not all the way to Kyiv, so the whereabouts of my checked bag are uncertain right now. I've been assured that my bag will probably end up in Kyiv.....eventually.

Oh well, next stop, KYIV!

P.S. The Amsterdam airport is way cooler than Minneapolis, Toronto, or Ottawa (only other major airports I've been to). I didn't know that green GTFO logo was an actual thing. It made my day to see those all over the place.


0 comments:

Post a Comment