My Program Material

With a week to go before I leave for Kyiv I have received my program outline for what I'll be teaching the children in Ukraine:

-English (20 hours)
-Ecology (20 hours)
-Team Building (20 hours)
-Anti Smoking/Drinking/Drugs (6 hours)
-Leadership (6 hours)
-Goal Setting/Time Management (6 hours)
-Cultural Development (20 hours)
-Self-Development (6 hours)
-Communication (6 hours)
-Physical Training (20 hours)

I'm really excited because this is making it that much more real for me. I know it sounds odd, but even though I'm leaving in a week and I've been preparing for over a month now I still can't believe this is happening. I'm excited to teach a lot of these classes, I've received some course outlines but I also think I have a lot of my own material I can provide.

The courses I'm kind of nervous about are the English and Communication classes. I don't know how good their english skills are and I'm not 100% sure how I'll react if it becomes frustrating....and while I have a pretty good grasp of the english language I've never been the best with pronunciation and energy while speaking. I just hope the english that they learn from me isn't all mumbles.

P.S. For the physical training part they recommended that I teach AIESEC dances. I may have to learn one or two before I go...

0 comments:

Post a Comment