What Am I Doing In Ukraine?

So, I'm to Kyiv on a developmental internship with AIESEC. That's great, but what exactly does that mean? What exactly is my job when I get there?

These are good questions, and to be honest, I'm still not 100% sure. Here's what I do know:

-I'm teaching at a Summer Camp approximately half-hour outside of Kyiv
-I'll be teaching youth, most likely in the 13-16 year old range
-I'll be teaching about Canada
-The kids will also be learning about time management skills, global issues, communication skills, cultural sensitivity and leadership
-The kids that I'm teaching will 'kind-of' know English, but I'm also meant to help them with that
-I'll be organizing games, discussion circles, and other activities
-On June 29th I'll be participating in a Global Village with all the interns who will be coming to the project

....and that's about all I know at this point.

Speaking of the other interns, these are the other interns that are coming to Kyiv for this project this summer:

Syaza from Malaysia, Gurashish from India, Armando from Colombia, Nadalina from Macedonia, Prince from China, Adriana from Romania, Trevor from Hong Kong, Ana from Macedonia, Piotr from Poland, Ashley from China, Changsung from South Korea, Alisja from Poland, Flora from China, Mario from Mexico, Mehmet from Turkey, Anita from Poland, Yvette from Singapore, Shaza from Sudan, Sofia from Greece, Soner from Turkey and Me!

That's 21 interns from 15 different countries!

From what I gather, we'll be working in different camps but will most likely have a few other interns with me at the camp that I'm working at. We also have weekends off and have an apartment rented for us in Kyiv so I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone and discovering Ukraine! I've already been talking with a few of these people on Facebook.

I've also been graced with an AMAZING ICX team at AIESEC Kyiv! They've been really helpful with keeping us updated and giving us information about Ukraine and Kyiv. I can't wait to meet up with Kvitka, Ira, Tatiana, Alina, and the rest of AIESEC Kyiv!

One last note, I also might have a chance to make an appearance at LDS Ukraine, which is their AIESEC national leadership conference. Unfortunately it's in Russian and Ukrainian so there's not much point in me being a delegate, but I'm hoping to show up and meet a lot of people and party with AIESEC Ukraine.

12 more days!!!

1 comments:

Carson Kolberg said...

Yes! Thanks for the update Saskatoon Carson. Glad to hear that you are skoked to get started with the project.

Hope to see some pictures soon!

Post a Comment